Friday 26 July 2013

Cute and candle :)

At our local library they do a summer reading scheme, at the start of the holidays the kids get a big poster with lots of spaces for stickers, for each 2 books they read they get a sticker and when the poster is full they get a certificate and medal. Camerons already read two but Caitlins going through a self conscious phase where because she can't read the books, she doesn't want us to read to her either. Today though after coming home from a bike ride Caitlins feet were filthy (Jelly shoes + mud = mess) so I put them in a basin of water to clean them. Cameron, knowing he had a captive audience he grabbed a book and started reading to her. Obviously makes a big difference if her big brother reads to her as she sat quietly next to him for 3 books. :) So cute seeing them reading together. I remember when I first fell pregnant with Caitlin how much I panicked about having two so close in age, but its really worked out great as they're such good friends.
I'm babysitting for my neice Evie tonight as my sister is going away with some friends so kids are all excited about that, me less so but there you go lol. Camerons highlight of the year is tomorrow :) his BFFs birthday party at Cheeky Monkies. At the start of the holidays we always make lists of things we want to do, bike rides, picnics etc; but every time I asked Cameron what he wanted to do 'Go to Jack's party' was the reply. I told him he was going don't worry, what ELSE did he want to do, but the reply 'Go to Jack's party' never changed. In the end I gave up, I'll ask him again tomorrow after he's been lol. He went in a mood with me though. I made up a bag of gifts for jack, some sweets, craft kits etc, but when I showed Cameron his face fell 'I don't want to give him that!' ok what do you want to give him? 'He likes computer games, I want to give him a Wii U!' Um, no. lol
And another photo for the summertime scavenger hunt I bought this candle yesterday while shopping with my Mum, I love candles, at christmas I buy loads of the cinnamon and apple ones, so when I saw this new one at half price I had to grab it :) Its from the new Air wick essential pearls range and is half a solid candle and half a gel candle so is pretty and smells of mulberrys so smells yummy too. :) Not that I can light it as I forgot we had no lighters or matches in the house lol
Click on my other ones to go to my other photos :)
1. Open air market
2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
4. Airplane
5. A sunset
6. Someone or something taking a nap
A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny 7.
8. A tower
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10. A bench that is outside
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see) 12.
13. A fence
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic
15. A fire truck or police car
16. A windmill
17. Candle(s)
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19. A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items. If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items. You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
A sundial

8 comments:

  1. Love the thought of the sticker book from the library - what a great idea! Hope Cam enjoys Jack's party as much as he's looked forward to it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imogen used to love the reading challenge - sadly a bit too old for it now! Gorgeous candle, love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour of that candle. I was concerned about having two kids so close in age - but it did work out well. Glad it is for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our local bank used to do a reading program in the summer and the girls actually earned cash put into their kids accounts. They loved filling in all the blanks for the books they were reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color in that candle, and I love the story of your two readers.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting candle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Cinnamon & apple candle here. ;) Sooo cute to see your son reading to your daughter - and I know what you mean about muddy feet, my girls had a "foot spa" at Oma's in May.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer reading programs were one of my favorite things when my kids were young!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)