Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sugar cookies :)

Ok I usually put lots of photos on my recipes but got a few people asking me for this one and don't have time to do photos so you'll just have to do without this time! lol.

Sugar cookies
You will need:
1 1/2 cups of butter (works out as one stick of butter from the shops lol)
2 1/5 cups of white sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 cups plain flour
icing sugar for rolling

To bake
1 - Cream together butter and sugar.
2 - Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3 - Stir in flour.
4 - Cover and chill for at least an hour, but I've found if you're doing shapes it works better if chilled overnight.
4.5 - If chilled overnight take out about 20 minutes before use.
5 - Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4
6 - Roll out dough on a surface with icing sugar, NOT flour
7 - Cut, stamp, whatever you would like :)
8 - Bake for aprox 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.

These are great for any cookie you would like to keep definition. I've used my cookie stamps with these with great results. For the kids I actually have made a batch, rolled into little balls and froze, so its all ready for when they want to do some baking :)
Camerons stamped sugar cookies.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. :)