Sunday 6 April 2014

SIPIDI

Ok so I'm a little late on See it, pin it, do it, for March but I have Aprils all ready to blog tomorrow so I'm really early on that one so it evens out doesn't it? ;) Thought I'd try another cooking one as besides TV shows and crafting thats all I really pin. So I picked this recipe for caramalised onions.
If you want to try it yourself the original is here but really its amazingly simple. Cut up a load of onions (recipe said 4-5 large ones, HOW large are their onions! I used about 12), shove them in a slower cooker and cover them with oil or butter (I used fry light spray) and put them on low for 10 hours. There will be a lot of liquid by this point so if you want a thicker consistency take the lid off and cook on low for another 2 hours or high for 30 minutes. Worked out great! I had some on a burger at lunch :) Yes it is half a burger, it wasn't mine Caitlin had two bites and decided she didnt want it. This is why I don't bother making myself meals lol. Even though they don't look very appetising (Caitlin said they looked like slugs) they were very tasty and would go great in a gravy.
Will def be doing this again but might cut the onions a little bigger next time, and maybe use red onions as I think that would be even nicer :)

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how many people are posting food pictures on Sunday morning (it is here, anyway) - my tummy will be grumbling in church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well done you for managing to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouthwatering - LOVE caramelised onion chutney :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in again Gemma. I'm making caramelised onions to go in hot dogs later, will try this method next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)