Wednesday 2 July 2014

Challenge YOUrself

Just in time for this one! The challenge over at the Challenge YOUrself blog this month was to include a picture of you and a boy in your life. Oddly enough considering he hates his photo taken, I had much more of Cam and I than I did with Cait :s. Anyway after looking through I picked this one :)
I loved the paper on this so kept it fairly simple, the photo was from Turkey last year and there is actually a funny story behind the huge candy floss I'm holding. ;)
That was our last day so we had gone to the market to spend the last of our money. I don't know if you've been to Turkey before but thy are huge on haggling over there and Mark loves it. He used to be a salesman before he got sick so I suppose reminds him of that. Anyway he was bragging he can get anything cheaper than asked so I fished out some pennies and told him to go get me some candy floss from a nearby vendor then. He took the money but laughed and said no so it was forgotten.
A while later I left him with my parents while I took the kids to bed, a few minutes later he came up with a huge lot of candy floss claiming he had haggled and got it for the pennies I gave him!
Was on the plane home he admitted Mum had given him more money for it, lol.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout and a cute photo of the two of you.
    Great candy floss story.
    Thanks for joining in at Challenge YOURself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Cute story and photo! Love all the little hearts and birds.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet layout, love the pic and the little birds are pure love. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout and even sweeter story behind it. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful page with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute layout and a fab story xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design and colors. Such a sweet picture. Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)