Sunday 5 October 2014

Dust go to sleep

Today was a busy, but relaxing day. This morning we went to a car boot with the neighbours and Cameron got a ton of Pokemon figures so he was happy. Caitlin got a couple of bits so when we got home it was time for hot chocolate (it was freezing!) and play with new toys :) Gave me a chance to catch up on a few jobs too so all was good.
Now when the kids were little there was a poem I loved:

"Babies Don’t Keep"

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

So when I was halfway through the ironing Caitlin came upstairs and crawled into my bed to watch a film. She put on Toy story of Terror and asked me to watch with her. So my choices, finish the ironing which needed to be done, or live by the poem and cuddle up with my baby girl.
Cuddles and selfies it was!
Can't believe how old I look in this photo but love Caitlins gummy grin so its worth it :)

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. :)