Tuesday 7 April 2015

Cuties and casts

Today was the loooong awaited day for Caitlin to get her cast off :) Since harm term started shes adapted a lot better to it and isn't weepy anymore, but things like dressing herself, bathing herself etc she still needs help with. I admit I can't wait to move the bin bags and duct tape from our bathroom!
First thought we went to Pets at home to play with some fluffy pets :) Every school holidays we make a 'bucket list' of things we want to do. On short holidays like this everyone gets to pick one thing and Caitlin had originally picked the far. Last weeks rubbish weather stopped that so I booked her into a class to play with pets and learn about them instead :)
Caitlin loved it as I expected, but I was very surprised how much Cameron enjoyed it too. The boy is a sponge when it comes to learning but I didn't think bunnies and things would capture his attention as much as they did :)
So with two very happy kids we then went to the hospital. OMG it was packed!! I've seen theme parks less busy. There were even people directing traffic to parking. I found out later it was visiting time so think that was why. Almost 3 hours later we were out and had a Caitlin without a cast! She was very brave and though her eyes filled when they cut it off she kept smiling, squeezed my hand and no tears fell.
Quick stop at Asda for shopping and we were home! I hate hospitals so was very pleased. Tomorrow I'm taking my granny out for the day so looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. She's a doll, I hope she's enjoying her newly found freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)