Wednesday 3 June 2015

Sketchy scrappers

Bit behind sharing this one as this is Mays but there you go lol. This was the sketch set and I loved this one as soon as I saw it and knew exactly what I wanted to do.
For once it actually turned out how I pictured it! I was lucky enough to be star letter in Scrapbook magazine and part of the prize was a 'Stampin up' starburst mask. I've not been a big fan of masks as whenever I've used mists with them it never looks right but decided to give it a go with a small ink pad and I love it! Can see me using this technique more in the future. Not as messy as mists, and still a good result ;)
Well we are now officially in June which to me and lots of my friends means one main thing....The start of the Summer scavenger hunt!!
This was a brilliant idea thought up by Maria over at Gallo Organico. Basically she puts a list of things to photograph in between now and the autumn equinox on Tuesday, September 22, 2015, and you share it on your blog or photo sharing site.
It's always loads of fun and last year my whole family got involved pointing out things on my list to me. :)
Here is the list if you want to take part and link to the blog is above.
1. A bouquet of flowers
2. An ornate door knocker
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal)
4. People playing a board game or card game
5. Architectural columns
6. A metal bridge
7. A turtle
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media
9. A tent
10. A college or university
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
14. A traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
19. A ticket booth
20. A natural body of water
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt". Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: People eating outside
Alternative B: Someone holding an umbrella
Alternative C: A rocking chair

2 comments:

  1. i'm looking forward to Rinda's summertime hunt. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behind? Behind? I've lost track completely lol! Love your layout though and that starburst looks fantastic. Cute story too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)