Friday 12 February 2016

Reading habits

Reading my friend Julias blog I found a post on her reading habits with a number of questions. I thought it was a really interesting read so copied it for mine :)

Do you have a certain place at home to read?
Sometimes in bed, or if I'm downstairs I'm curled up in the big circle chair in the livingroom.

A bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Most of the time I read from my kindle so if that's the case then neither. If its a paperbook then its whatever I have to hand at the time. More than once it's been a bank card from my pocket then I get very confused where on earth its gone!

Can you stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or number of pages?
Do people stop mid page?! It has to be at the end of a chapter. It's hard enough to stop reading before I've finished the book let alone stopping midchapter. Just feels so unfinished.

Do you eat or drink while reading?
There is nothing better on a cold day than a book, cake and tea. On a warm day I'll swap the tea for wine and the cake for chocolate though ;)


Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?

I don't watch tv as it would be a distraction, I do like to listen to acoustic music though. If I listen to music with lyrics I find myself singing along in my head and I lose track of the story. Spotify has a good selection of playlists I like to use.

One book at a time or several at once?
One at a time. If I'm halfway through a book then switch to another I forget what happened in the first. Either that or I start getting them mixed up and start expecting characters from the first book to turn up in the second lol.

Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. I love to travel on buses/trains etc so I can relax with a story. On holiday if I'm not playing with the kids I'll be by the pool or on the balcony reading.

Reading aloud or silently in your head?
In my head. I have been known to growl out loud or scoff if a character annoys me though lol. I lose myself in the story so much I tend to forget where I am so scowling, laughing or saying 'awwww' happen often too. Mark can always tell the general idea of whats happening in the book I'm reading.

Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
No, I admit I'm temped sometimes when I know it had a twist at the end but I try to resist!

Do you ever write in books?
NO! That's a big no no. I even cringe when I see the kids doing puzzles in their annuals. Puzzle books are ok but if they have any form of story in them then they are for reading in my head.

Hope to see other people answering these :) Always an interesting read.

1 comment:

  1. This was an enjoyable read. I never write in books either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)