Wednesday 30 March 2016

Always be yourself

Wow this month is just racing by! The kids have been off almost a week and I've barely had time to breathe.
We spent Easter at an egg hunt at a local castle. The aim was to find 3 stars each from inside the grounds. Between 4 adults and 3 kids it took us over an hour lol. Bit harder than we expected! The chocolate eggs went down well though.
Since then it's been a whirlwind of activity. I've had my niece sleep over, took all kids to the cinema, tried to take Mum to the cinema but found out the screen was broken so ended up getting food instead. I also managed to spring clean Caitlins room so that's 5 bin bags and 2 boxes of clothes and junk out of my house :)
I've managed to do some pocket page layouts, but in all honesty I'm not a big fan of those so don't share them. Even when I use stash from the same manufactures or kits it always ends up looking more of a mish mash than my 12x12 layouts do.
Still have lots from my retreats though!
This was one I did with a last bits of my Stripy straws Like for ever kit.
I LOVED this kit. I had saved it until I had this photo developed as Caitlin is wearing one of the embellishments from it as a hairclip and I wanted to include that on the layout.
So imagine how annoyed I was to find I had left those particular embellishments at home!
Still pleased with it though :) I'm not a particularly confident person and it was a huge issue in my childhood and teenage years. I always worry about Caitlin going through the same problems I did and this seems to come out in my scrapping at times.
I scrap for a number of reasons, one being that if something happens to me the kids can still have part of me around so I tend to put a lot of advice and wishes for them on the pages. Fingers crossed it won't be needed, but I feel better knowing its there :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely idea to include your hopes and wishes for them on your pages. Great page and well done on the hunt! Josh doesn't break up until today so holidays start tomorrow for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)