Sunday 15 May 2016

If you can dream it, you can do it

So, 38 layouts and 5 kits later I think I'm all scrapped out!
National scrapbooking day was last week and I wanted to get all the challenges on 4 different blogs done by the deadline tonight. I almost made it! 3 layouts still to do but I think I did well :)
Funnily enough I've been scrapping for years, but scrapping so much in a short time I actually learned a few things about my style I didn't notice before.
For example I don't like doing multiple photo layouts. I don't mind if the photos are the same size and I can put them into a rectangle or a square, but if they don't go together I struggle with it.
I'm not a big fan of coloured cardstock as a background anymore, I used to like it but I find myself gravitating towards more white or black backgrounds now.
I'm liking white space!!! This is a huge revelation for me. I used to hate it, other peoples white space layouts would look nice but mine always looked unfinished. I did a couple though and were really pleased with them.
This is one example, the challenge was to use lots of one embellishment and while I planned to use sequins I found this pack of rub ons from 6 years ago which still worked beautifully and the layout just flowed from there.
I love this photo. It was taken with my phone on a whim one day. We were walking to the shops and Caitlin was jumping in puddles. Turned out to be one of my favourite photos of her. :)
So LOTS more layouts to share. Now I'm not so focused on a deadline I'll hopefully do more in a day than just using pretty paper lol.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. :)