Tuesday 6 September 2016

2016 Scavenger hunt roundup

Yey I finished the Scavenger hunt!!! well within deadline too, go me :) Here are the photos I took this year.

1. A "wild heart" - a naturally occurring heart
Found while I was walking Scamp. Spotted a neighbours fence had these leaves poking through. Quite glad I got this as the next day they had cut it all down!

2. A footprint or pawprint
When Mark and I got back into the car at the town I noticed a cat (I assume) had walked all over the windows with dusty feet. Mark found it funny I was photographing paw prints when we live with a dog, but I like getting photos that have a bit of a story behind them rather than just 'Scamp walked over my floor after being out in the rain'

3. A skeleton, bone or x-ray
Mark had a bone density scan at the start of the week. I did ask if I could have a copy of the scan but no :( The nurse did let me take a photo of a skeleton in the corner though :)

4. A book or magazine read during 2016
Ok I didn't read all of these, but I did read 'Out of the dark', 'The silent sister' and 'The accident' so a few of them crossed off the list :)

5. A porch or deck
Ok so I'll be using this photo twice, as clever me spent a weekend at a caravan park and forgot to get a photograph of our caravan!!!! I did get a picture of the kids browsing one of the 'for sale' carvans though, so this can could for caravan and porch.

6. A camper (caravan)
See above :p

7. A family gathering
Quite a few to choose from this Summer but I love this photo of all of us at the BBQ we had in Salcey forest. It was originally a photo of Cam and Cait dancing on the log, then everyone else climbed up. Crazy people my family :)

8. A drawing, art project, artistic photograph, scrapbook page, greeting card, or art journal page created by you
Lots to choose from for this one! Picked this layout I did for a challenge in our Facebook group Sketchy scrappers (feel free to come join us!) Great for using up scraps!

9. Someone playing with, in, or around water.
Again lots to choose from, but I love this one of me and the kids in the pool in Spain :)

10. A bicycle
The kids brought home a leaflet from school offering free tickets to see Wall-e at our local cinema. The kids love that film so of course I booked tickets. However I didn't read closely enough and turned out it was a bike-a-thon! The projector was powered by dynamos so you had to pedal to watch the film.
Of course you COULD just sit and watch, as many did, but my bike mad daughter dragged me up to take part lol. So proud of her though, she was the youngest who took part and lasted the longest, even got a round of applause from everyone when she finished :)

11. Fresh produce
As Cam was upset after dropping off Cait at her brownies weekend we went to a garden center we passed to pick him up a treat. There was a little hut next to it selling fresh fruit and veg so obviously I snapped a photo.

12. A window
While we were in Spain I took this photo of Cam and Cait messing about on the balcony. I love how happy she looks and how much her big brother is making her laugh. I know I could have picked a stained glass window or something but the view from this window was so special I picked this photo.

13. The moon
I took a picture of the moon out of the window of the plane, but it ended up really looking bright like the sun rather than the moon :\
I was lazing at the pool one morning and saw the moon over the mountains and thought it made a pretty picture so choose that instead.

14. A buffet of food
Had to laugh at this one. When we went to Legoland we stayed in a hotel that included a buffet breakfast. I asked the kids to stand next to it so I could take a photo of them. Mollie piped up 'You don't want a photo of us, this is for your hunt isn't it and you just don't want to look like a crazy lady taking photos of food!'
Girl knows me too well!

15. A team logo
OK I admit I've no idea who this team are! Around the lake at our hotel where stalls where you could buy the usual holiday stuff. One of which were keyrings you could have your name or something stuck into and they had this as an option.

16. A map showing a trip taken during the time period
A map of Legoland which we took a trip to. We loved it there and will def be going back :)

17. Twins
Knew this was going to be a hard one. While we were in Spain however Mollie shouted that there were twins in the pool. Quick snap and yey another crossed off!

18. A supermarket cart, basket or trolley full of groceries
Took a quick snap of Caitlin pushing the trolley of goodies before we went down to stay in a caravan for the weekend :)

19. A seasonal cocktail or beverage
I love all the summer frappes that costa and mcdonalds do. This year mcdonalds have a chocolate honeycomb one which is amazing! Driving down to drop Caitlin off at camp was much further and hotter than we thought so stopped off for a treat.
Love Mark, we were driving out of the car park and I asked him to take a photo of my drink. An odd question to most people, he just asks 'Does it need a certain background?' :)

20. Someone laughing
I was going to use the photo of Caitlin for this but then I saw this photo my Mum took at the airport. I've NO idea what was making me laugh so much. I had had a couple of drinks by this point as I'm a nervous flyer and based on Marks face I think I was being a bit loud! Hehe.

21. A photograph of you with a newspaper or calendar page from the time period covered in the Hunt. Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
I did try and get a paper with a nice headline but I don't think those exist! This was near the end of the holiday so I'm wearing Marks t-shirt as my back was burnt to a crisp. Ouch!

alternative 1: a lighthouse
Took a few photos of lighthouses but my fave is this one from Legoland in the 'Friends' section.

alternative 2: a baby (human or animal)
It was my niece Evies birthday so I went up to help set up her gift (xbox 360) and took this shot of my nephew Rylie sitting in his bouncy chair. Made me laugh as my sister was there, saw me take it, but later rung my Mum asking why I'd took a picture as I was being sneaky! Don't think she trusts me ;p

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I was only thinking about the hunt today. I have no idea how many I've got.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)