Saturday 7 January 2017

Challenge yourself - Wonderful world.

Ok Im sorry I'm late posting this, but how is it the 7th already?! It was Christmas just yesterday wasn't it?!
I don't know what its like where you live but it is SO depressing here! The murky, grey, wet weather, bags of rubbish everywhere and all the pretty Christmas lights gone :( So I was pleased to see this months challenge was to create a layout using the lyrics to "What a Wonderful World," by Louis Armstrong, as I really could use some positivity!
Here are the lyrics:
"I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.
I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world."
When I think of a wonderful world I always think of Christmas. Some people stress and get mad but others give more and charity is more common. While we're not rich my kids have never gone without and I feel it's important they learn how fortunate they are and help others.
To this end every year I give them both a large bag and they fill it with toys they don't play with to donate to charity, we also do a shop for our local food bank and also donate to kennels too. This year I was so proud that they both decided to use their pocket money to fill a shoebox each with toys and products as part of operation christmas child.
This year we were doing our annual shop for our local food bank when we saw the coke truck and couldn't resist taking photos :)
I'm using up one of my DIY kits I made for Inkie Quills Get kitted class. This is the first project I've done from it and I'm loving it so far :)
Using up ribbon and lots of ollllllld embellishments.
So what makes you think of a wonderful world? Thanks for looking at my take on this challenge and I can't wait to see yours!

2 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous page you created for the wonderful world challenge. Thank you so much, Gemma, for making such a beautiful page for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous page you created for the wonderful world challenge. Thank you so much, Gemma, for making such a beautiful page for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)