Monday 8 October 2012

Christmas ribbon tree

Over on UKS I ran a 'Handmade Christmas decoration swap'. There were some beautiful decorations made which I'll share tomorrow but I've been asked to show how I made mine, A christmas tree from ribbon. :) Now I admit I didnt make this up myself. I saw a picture on pintrest and while I didnt 'pin' it I could remember what it looked like so just made it how I would imagine it to be done. No idea if this is how the original person made it but pleased with the results anyway :) This is what you will need: Some ribbon, Some beads, Thread, Needle Thats it! Not much really lol.
First thread a bead on the thread. You can either tie a knot on the bottom to stop it going through or if it has a big hole tie a knot and push the thread back through to catch it.
Thread through the ribbon leaving a tail behind like shown here. Add another bead.
Fold the ribbon over and thread it on top of the bead
Fold the ribbon round, a little shorter this time, and thread again, add another bead, fold back but making it shorter each time to make the tree shape.
Keep adding beads and looping the ribbon, getting shorter and shorter each time until you are happy with it.
Tie the thread at the top to make a loop to hang on the tree. Trim any extra thread/ribbon and you're done :)
See really easy :) I have tried to find the pin I saw this on but no luck, if anybody does find it please let me know so I can link it here and give credit. :)

4 comments:

  1. That's great Gemma, thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea, I might end up with some of those hanging on my tree this year! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, and easy to do! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)