Monday 7 November 2016

Be thankful

Well its November (yeah seriously!) and that means Christmas prep, darker nights and a new Challenge YOUrself challenge!
This months challenge is a nod to our American cousins and Thanksgiving. This month's challenge is all about being thankful. You don't have to use the word thankful on your page, but of course, you can! If you don't use the word, please tell us why this word inspired you! And please use a banner somewhere on your page.
One of the reasons I love Challenge Yourself is it inspires me to scrap photos of me. Sometimes though it makes me realise how little of these there are.
When I saw the 'be thankful' challenge, my first thought was obviously my kids and my husband. But this is obvious and I wanted to do something a little different so I thought about my dog Scamp :)
Could I find a photo with me and him in it?! Nope! I have loads of him with the kids, just him, him and hubby ect, but none with me and him where you can see me properly.
After searching through all my photos this was the closest I could find. See all the pink? Thats me lol. He's sitting on my knee and is cuddled up with a teddy I've had for about 11 years now.
Journaling reads:
When Caits sulking, Marks sleeping, and Cams on some form of technology, I'm so thankful for you and the cuddles you give to make me feel loved.
Love that heart, cut with my new Silhouette machine :) You might see the negative space on another layout soon!!
So that's my take on the 'Be thankful' challenge. I can't wait to see what you choose to be thankful for! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the creative way you used a photo of YOU, Gemma! And your layout is amazing. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)